Broadway Licensing New Works Grant
Scholarship for Producing Original New Works
Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2022
The WVU School of Theatre & Dance, in collaboration with West Virginia Public Theatre and Sean Cercone (WVU MFA Acting Alum and CEO of Broadway licensing), is proud to offer a $2500 scholarship plus a $2500 budget for production to a deserving current student with a pitch to produce an original new production.
- New live works of all kinds: written plays, devised work, puppetry, movement pieces, adaptations of classics.
- Submissions for individuals only, not producing teams or collaborators.
- All full time BA, BFA or MFA majors in the WVU School of Theatre & Dance in good standing.
- Minimum overall GPA: 2.5 (If undergraduate, the minimum number of completed credit hours will be: 30)
Successful submissions usually contain:
- A detailed proposal (typed, with standard fonts and margins)
- Work samples
- Flexible and broadly applicable performance (due to possibility of future licensing and production)
- A scope of the collaboration involved (including stipends for other artists)
- A detailed and realistic budget using the proposed grant money
Finalists will be asked to pitch their work (over Zoom) at the beginning of the Spring Semester and to include a sample of the work they would like funded.
To be submitted by email or in person to Irene Alby (Chair of the LAB Theatre Committee) at email@example.com or to other members: Cathy O'Dell, Tiffany Deligatti, and Alan McEwen.